Samsung tablets does not cease to innovate as they release their newest addition to their Samsung Galaxy Tab family in the Philippines – the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet.
It features a Super AMOLED Plus display making it Samsung’s first tablet with such technology.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7‘s Super AMOLED™ Plus touchscreen display allows for watching movies, viewing photos and playing games in high-definition 720p (1280×720) resolution.
Furthermore, Galaxy Tab 7.7 runs on the Android Honeycomb 3.2 OS and features a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and HTML Web browser to quickly access the Web and stream music, among others.
It measures just 7.9 millimeters thin (less than half an inch) and weighs only 340 grams (roughly 12 oz). However, from the units I got to expereince and inspect last Saturday (Febrauary 4), I really wished the white plastic back portion of the tablet would have been the one with a metallic finish.
- Samsung TouchWiz- Designed with Live Panels for customizing the home screen with digital pictures, favorite Web sites and social network feeds. In addition, the TouchWiz UX includes a Mini Apps tray of commonly used features, such as task manager, calendar and music player which can be launched while other apps are already in use. The clipboard feature allows customers to copy and paste texts and images.
- Mobile Hotspot capability – Share your HSPA+ connection with up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Android 3.2, Honeycomb – Supports Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™, and access to Google Books™, movie rentals, and more than 400,000 apps on Android Market™
- Samsung Apps – Samsung Apps is a recommendation engine that aggregates over 50,000 apps from the Android Market that are optimized for Honeycomb. Samsung Apps also adds a social element by allowing consumers to share the apps they like with friends on Facebook®.
- Samsung Social Hub – Built around messaging, which allows customers to send and receive information, whether it is email (Exchange, POP3/IMAP), social network updates (Twitter™, Facebook and LinkedIn®)
- 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 720p recording and 1080p playback (1080p playback through HDMI dock or adapter) plus front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chat
- QuickOffice® Pro HD – Get the most powerful office productivity suite for Android Honeycomb tablets with advanced Microsoft® Office editing, SmartTouch™ technology and Connected File Manager with integrated remote storage access
- Wi-Fi Direct – Customers can connect to their Wi-Fi-enabled portable devices and seamlessly transfer music, videos and other data over an adhoc Wi-Fi connection
- AllShare™ App – Enables inter-device connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), so customers can send multimedia content wirelessly to other DLNA-enabled devices such as TVs and laptops
- Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 16 GB on board storage (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ card
- Keyboard Dock – Full-size dock with tablet hotkeys that activate key features of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 including Internet, email and music/video controls; charging and data sync capabilities (cables not included); 3.5mm stereo audio output for connection to external speakers (cable not included)
- Multimedia Dock – Portrait viewing format for desktop display; fitted cradle and weighted base to keep your Galaxy Tab in place; built-in HDMI out port; 3.5mm stereo audio output for connection to external speakers (cable not included) and charging capabilities
- USB/SD Adapter Connection Kit – 30-pin to SD adapter for sharing multimedia files with your Tab via an SD or microSD device. USB adapter allows customers to connect an array of USB capable devices such as a mouse, keyboard, thumb drive, camera, Samsung printers, and more
- HDTV Adapter – Powered HDMI cable for video and audio streaming from your Tab to a compatible HDTV; support for HD video up to 1080p; simultaneous charging while streaming
- Book Cover Case – Ultra-slim fit with full access to all buttons and ports. Stands the tablet in landscape for optimal media viewing or as a keyboard stand for typing