Just a few days ago, ACER unveiled several technological developments across it’s different tech markets and platforms at the IFA 2016 through the next@acer press event in Germany.
Watching through a live feed from the Philippines care of Acer Philippines, the company announced a range of new devices and solutions for families, students and professionals which reinforced Acer‘s commitment to continued development and service to its customers around the world.
9 Developments Acer Revealed @ IFA 2016
The 9 Developments Acer Revealed at the IFA 2016 in Germany are the following:
- Acer Announced the World’s First Curved Screen Notebook – Predator 21 X
- Acer’s new Predator 21 X is now the world’s first notebook with a curved screen and integrates eye-tracking technology for an even more immersive user experience.
- It features the latest 7th Generation Intel Core processors, 5 cooling fans and dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI for unmatched graphics performance. Aceralso announced new gaming desktop monitors, the world’s first to include eye-tracking technology so users can upgrade their gaming experience.
- Acer’s New Swift 7
- The World’s first laptop to measure less than 1 cm thin is unveiled as the new Swift 7 which looks stylish and trendy, to say the least.
- The extremely thin Swift 7 measures just 0.39 inches (9.98 mm) in height and weighs a mere 2.48 pounds (1.1 kg), providing incredible portability and up to 9 hoursof battery life. Models in the Swift 5 and Swift 3 lines include premium features such as metal chassis, 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, Solid State Drives, USB 3.1 Type-C ports, fingerprint scanners and more. From the exceptionally thin, black-and-gold Swift 7, to the budget-friendly Swift 1, Acer’s new ultra-slim notebooks provide both elegant and practical solutions for everyone.
- Acer Chromebook R 13 – First Convertible Chromebook with 13-inch Display
- Acer unveiled the industry’s 1st convertible Chromebook with a 13-inch Display – the Acer Chromebook R 13.
- It provides great flexibility and a large 13.3-inch touchscreen display with innovative 360-degree hinge designwhich gives customers four versatile usage modes for work and play; with planned support for Android Apps via Google Play Store and up to 12 hours of battery life.
- Acer Launches Revo Base Mini PC
- The newest member of the award-winning Revo Mini PC family provides surprisingly powerful performance in a space-saving form factor that us at the same time stylish, space-saving meant for home entertainment.
- It features Intel Core i7 processors, and up to 8GB of DDR3Lsystem memory, to ensure that it runs smoothly when handling intensive tasks such as decoding top-quality multimedia content. It supports up to two monitors, has speedy wireless connectivity, and is a perfect multimedia hub.
- Acer Spin 7 and More
- Acer’s New Spin 7 is all about portability and versatility. From working professionals to students, these notebooks are ideal for work and play. It features a 14-inch display in a 13-inch chassis, the Acer Spin 7’s all-aluminum uni-body is just 0.43 inches (10.98 mm) thin and weighs 2.6 pounds (1.2 kgs).
- The small and compact Acer Spin 5 includes a 13.3-inch display and can be used with an optional Acer Active Pen and Windows Ink. Moreover, the Acer Spin 3 includes a 15.6-inch display, an ergonomic backlit keyboard and dual storage support, making it a powerful tool for work or play. Spin 1comes in 13.3-inch and 11.6-inch display options, and are ideal for students or as a second computer.
- Andoid Devices New Iconia Talk S phablet and Liquid Z6 Series Smartphones
- The new Acer Iconia Talk S (A1-734) powered with Quad-core processor, Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow operating system; wide-viewing-angle 1280 x 720 HD display, 13MP camera, Iconia Suite with easy and intuitive access to smart functions; up to 128GB micro SD .
- The ACER Liquid Z6, on the other hand, is equipped with Quad-core MT6737 processor, 2.5D curved IPS display; 8MP main camera with auto-focus, 2MP front-facing camera, 1GB RAM; 8GB ROM
- Moreover, The ACER Liquid Z6 Plusfeatures an Octa-core MT6753 processor, durable 2.5D glass 5.5-inch Full HD display, 4080mAh battery, 13MP main camera, 5MP front-facing camera, 3GB RAM; 32GB ROM, fingerprint sensor, and metal back cover.
- StarVR Head-Mounted Displays 1st Shipment for IMAX Started
- Acer and Starbreeze announced that they have started to ship StarVR Virtual Reality (VR) Head-Mounted Displays (HMD) to IMAX Corporation in preparation for the highly anticipated opening of the IMAX VRCenter in Los Angeles, expected later this year, and others in the near future.
- grandPad Expands Service to Switzerland in Partnership With Swisscom
- ACER acquires Pawbo+
- Acer brings its BeingWare vision to the pet care market with acquisition of Pawbo. This petware lets owners interact with their pets from afar.