ASUS unveiled earlier tonight the ZenFone 3 Zoom, the world’s slimmest and lightest 5.5-inch smartphone to date. It also has a high-capacity 5000mAh battery and a dual-camera system that delivers photographic perfection in every shot.
The Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom features a main camera with a f/1.7 aperture, 25mm wide-angle main lens paired to a 12MP SONY IMX362 sensor with image 1.4µm pixels (1/2.55in sensor size); and a dedicated 59m, 12MP zoom camera with an instant 2.3x optical zoom and a 12x total zoom.
This setup is touted to allow sharp focus for subjects at any distance. Zenfone 3 Zoom is also the first ASUS smartphone with SuperPixel camera innovation that enables it to shoot photos quickly yet clearly in night-time or low-light environments. In addition, the SuperPixel camera combines advanced hardware and software by ASUS SuperPixel™ technology to achieve light sensitivity that is 2.5 times (2.5x) greater than an average smartphone.
The smartphone has a huge 5000mAh battery capacity complimented with an energy-efficient Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 14nm processor, enabling the smartphone to endure an astounding 6.4 hours of continuous 4K UHD video recording and an exceptional 42 days of standby time; it can also serve as a handy powerbank.
But what makes this smartphone a cut above the rest is the high power density of the battery that allows it to be fitted into a super-slim, 7.9mm full-metal chassis that weighs a mere 170 grams, making it the world’s thinnest and lightest 5.5-inch smartphone with a 5000mAh battery.
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Specifications
Here is a lengthy but meaty detailed feature of the smartphone specs and features:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom is one of the most accomplished camera smartphone to date from ASUS with a list of new features designed to make it unrivalled in mobile photography. These include:
- Dual-camera system — Zenfone 3 Zoom boasts an all-new ASUS SuperPixel camera for unbeatable low-light photography, dedicated 12MP, 59mm camera for instant 2.3x optical zoom and 12x total zoom—making the best camera mode for different subject types and focal lengths instantly available to photographers. The main SuperPixel camera is ideal for shooting general subjects and macro shots as close as 10cm, while the optical-zoom camera is excellent for distant subjects. The biggest advantage of having two cameras with lenses of different focal lengths is the ability to let users switch lenses and compose in different perspectives.
- ASUS Philippines ZenFanASUS SuperPixel Camera — Zenfone 3 Zoom sets itself apart with its greater light sensitivity capabilities versus other smartphones in the market with its new ASUS Superpixel camera that can shoot photos quickly and clearly in night-time or low-light environment. This technology consists of three main components.
- A large 1.4-micron pixel size which translates to larger pixels that increases the camera’s sensitivity to light, and decreases the graininess of photos especially in low-light environments. Zenfone 3 Zoom employs the Sony IMX362 sensor with pixels measuring 1.4 microns (µm) wide pixels and a 1/2.55-inch sensor size – one of the largest of any smartphone camera sensors – making the smartphone excellent for low-light photography.
- Large f/1.7 lens aperture which allows more light to enter the sensor compared to other smartphone cameras.
- ASUS SuperPixel technology, a combination of the new ASUS SuperPixel engine hardware and image digital-signal-processing software that boosts light sensitivity up to four times (4x) by intelligently controlling ISO levels while shooting, and removing noise in post-shot processing.
High-Resolution SuperPixel Selfies
Zenfone 3 Zoom features one of the highest resolution front-facing cameras with its 13MP SONY IMX 214 sensor and n f/2.0 aperture lens that shoots high resolution selfies thanks to the ASUS SuperPixel technology that makes it twice as sensitive to light. It also features a new ‘screen flash’ mode that uses the display as a flash in low-light environments.
ASUS 0.03s TriTech+ Autofocus
It has an all-improved ASUS TriTech+™ autofocus system with new Dual Pixel PDAF technology as one of its three focusing technologies along with the second generation laser autofocus and subject tracking autofocus. ASUS TriTech+ automatically chooses the best technology to use depending on the subject, achieving focus in an amazingly fast 0.03 seconds.
- Dual Pixel PDAF where each pixel on the sensor is now divided into two phase-detection sections that can detect the movement of subjects by analyzing the variations between the light rays hitting the two sensors. Working together with all the other 12-million pixels on the sensor, Zenfone 3 Zoom is able to achieve rapid phase-detection autofocus even in low-light conditions.
- Second-generation laser autofocus that has three times (3x) the range of standard laser focusing systems which can benefit shooting close-up subjects within 1.5 meters.
- Subject-tracking autofocus in which the system cleverly tracks moving subjects while the user is shooting, so photos will never be out of focus. Subject tracking is enabled by default for both still images and videos.
RAW File Support
Zenfone 3 Zoom gives photographers the freedom to shoot and store compositions in RAW format. RAW files save the full data of the photo captured by the camera’s sensor and are ideal for enhancement with editing software. This allows users to uncover fine details in areas of shadow, or recover overexposed areas in the highlights, with much less degradation of image quality as compared to editing JPEG image files. RAW support will be available with Android 7.0 Nougat.
Full Manual Mode
This grants the user a full control over Zenfone 3 Zoom’s extensive camera settings. These includes white balance, exposure value (EV), focus, and ISO settings, and an impressive shutter-speed selection of between 1/50000 sec and 32 seconds. In Zenfone 3 Zoom, this mode also allows users to override the automatic camera selection and choose to use the 25mm, f/1.7 lens of the main camera or the 59mm lens of the zoom camera.
Continuous Autofocus 4K UHD Video Recording
Zenfone 3 Zoom’s subject tracking autofocus system allows the smartphone to continuously focus on subjects while recording video at stunning 4K UHD resolution.
Zenfone 3 Series Camera Features
The smartphone also comes with the powerful photographic features of the Zenfone 3 series including:
- Four-axis optical image stabilization (OIS) and three-axis electronic image stabilization (EIS) to prevent hand movements from blurring photos or making videos appear shaky.
- Ultra-sharp 4K UHD video recording at 3840 x 2160 resolution.
- RGB Color-correction sensor that automatically adjusts the colors in a photo to look natural and accurate.
- 48MP Super Resolution mode that combines four native 12MP photos to create a single image with exceptional 4X clarity, greater detail and less noise.
- 3MP Enhanced Low Light mode that combines four adjacent pixels to work as a single large pixel that has far-greater light sensitivity. This mode increases the light sensitivity of the sensor by up to 400%, allowing photos to be shot in low-light conditions at faster shutter speeds to prevent blurring.
- 20 different unique and versatile modes that optimize the camera to shoot scenes or add special effects to photos.
Ultra-large 5000mAh Battery and Reverse-charging Ability
Boasting a charge rating of 5000mAh, Zenfone 3 Zoom’s battery has one of the highest capacities of any smartphone — the world’s highest capacity in its class. Paired with the powerful and battery-efficient 14nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, this high-capacity battery enables Zenfone 3 Zoom to achieve an amazing 6.4 hours of continuous 4K UHD video recording time, or 42 days of standby time, without worrying about running out of charge. Zenfone 3 Zoom is the world’s slimmest and lightest 5.5-inch 5000mAh smartphone, and is a mere 7.9mm thin and weighs just 170 grams.
Zenfone 3 Zoom’s high battery capacity also lets it double up as a high-speed power bank for charging other devices via an automatic reverse-charging capability.
Beautiful and Durable Display
Zenfone 3 Zoom’s display is a 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED panel with high 500cd/m2 brightness for outdoor-readable images with extreme clarity and contrast, and a color gamut that is more than 100% of the NTSC color space. It also features a blue-light filter that prevents eye strain over long periods of viewing.
Zenfone 3 Zoom is also one of the first smartphones to have a Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 display cover panel that is 70%-more resistant to drop damage compared to the previous Gorilla Glass generation. This panel has been crafted and shaped to fit within the phone’s beautifully small, sandblasted aluminum-alloy body. A fingerprint sensor is conveniently placed at the back of the smartphone for easy accessibility.
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Philippine Pricing
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom is now available in the Philippines and comes with an incredible bundle promo of JBL CLIP 2 Portable Bluetooth Speakers (SRP 3,099), Zenfone 3 Zoom Clear Case (SRP 699) and ASUS ZenEar High Definition Earphones (SRP 699). See below official bundle visual.