It is no secret that inventors in the Philippines are not given the enough support they deserve. But that doesn’t mean they’re just giving it up!
Through the Filipino Inventors Society (FIS) who forwards Filipino inventors’ interest, there is still hope.
In fact, the group which was established since 1943 will now mark its 75th Diamond Anniversary this 3rd week of November 2018 with a Dinner/ Award/ Fellowship Night celebration to be held at the SEDA Vertis North Hotel.
Over 200+ inventors all over the country with other distinguished guests are expected to grace the evemnt.
National Inventors’ Week
Prior to the Investors Night, the FIS Planning Conglomerate has envisioned an eclectic program on November 15–21, 2018 featuring the much-awaited National Inventors’ Week with the theme: “GO Innovations!” – The Green Light for a Greater Philippines.
The National Inventors’ Week shall be held at The Skydome, SM City North Edsa in Quezon City. This is in line of the Presidential Proclamation #285 of 1993 to showcase unique and marketable inventions of Filipinos for the Filipinos.
Moreover, the Officers and Conveners of the Filipino Inventors’ Society (FIS) would like to seek the support of President Rodrigo Duterte to help mobilize our Inventors’ Innovations and Grand Caravan.
The following are the goals in strengthening the support to PRRD administration’s quest for:
- Inclusive growth and economic boost of the marginalized sectors like farmers, fisher folk, urban poor, etc;
- Re-greening of the country’s air, land, and sea environments;
- Heighten ways to enhance and reduce costs of socialized housing construction;
- Upholding ways to enhance employment generation in the face of certain displacements in countries which do not provide equitable treatment to our co-Filipinos
- Upraise urban farming, fishing, to provide for self-liquidating livelihood and daily sustenance opportunities